Raise your glasses, gluten free adventurers, as EPCOT’s Food and Wine Festival beckons! This adult-oriented extravaganza promises a symphony of flavors. Featuring lots of Savory Bites and Cozy Dishes, you’ll find lots of great options in this Gluten Free Guide!
This is a Second longest Festival and available from the end of Summer into the Fall Season.
You can find food booths all around World Showcase and in EPCOT’s Worlds (Nature, Discovery, Celebration). Prices range from 5-20 dollars for items, with the average food price around 8 dollars.
***As Always, please speak to a qualified restaurant employee when ordering food. In order to see the most accurate ingredients and risk assessment, you will need to confirm food safety in real-time. This is my personal experience, I am not employed or endorsed by companies or brands mentioned.***
Quick Jump- Other Festival Guides
EPCOT has four festivals a year, and each of them have a different selection of Gluten Free Goodies! Here’s links to the other posts.
- Festival of the Arts (January/February)
- Flower and Garden Festival (Spring/Summer)
- Food and Wine Festival (Summer/Fall)
- Festival of the Holidays (Winter)
How to Order Gluten Free at EPCOT Festivals
We’ve been through a lot of changes at the EPCOT Festivals, from 2019 where no options were listed, to 2022 where we could ask to talk to a chef… this year in 2023 we have an Allergy Guide!
You will notice that Disney removed the Gluten Friendly Label from the Paper Festival Passport and the Display Signs outside the Booth. And they did not include any new Allergy Label for Signs.
Instead, this year, you will find Gluten Friendly items labeled with the top 9 Allergy Items, inside a New Menu format that you can find in the MyDisneyExperience App. You will type in ‘allergy friendly EPCOT’ and hit ‘view menu’ to see the full list of current Items.
When ordering, let the Cashier know you need your item Gluten Free, State your allergens (gluten and whatever else you need), and they will make a quick phone call to confirm that ingredients and procedures *for that day* are safe for you. Be sure to ask about Shared Fryers, as some items have cross contact. Allergy Friendly (Disney’s Labeling) does not always equal Gluten Free.
I like to say, “Can I order this Gluten Free?” and then quickly ask about the modifications (because sometimes they’ll just outright tell you no!). Then after I pay, I’ll also tell the Cast Member who takes my receipt for the order, and then confirm the modifications there + watch to make sure my food is fresh with a glove change.
Third Party Locations
Third Party Locations are not owned by Disney, they are operated by other Restaurants. These locations do not share their Allergy Information with Disney, so I’ve collected them independently in the parks.
The Third Party locations are: France, Japan, Italy, China, Mexico
Gluten Free 2023 Food and Wine Festival
I’ll update this in 2024 when those options are out, here’s a look at 2023 options.
Flavors from Fire
– Chimichurri Marinated Skirt Steak Taco with Crushed Avocado, Grilled Corn Salsa, Pickled Red Onions, Queso Fresco, and Cilantro-Lime Cream
– Adobo Yuca Fries with Garlic-Cilantro Aïoli (plant-based)
– Fry Flight:
– Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar Fries (plant-based)
– BBQ Bacon Fries with Smoked Aïoli
– Sweet Potato Casserole Fries with Candied Pecans, Toasted Marshmallow Cream, and Maple Bourbon Glaze
Brew Wing Lab at the Odyssey
– Peanut Butter and Jelly Sticky Wings
– Garlic-Parmesan Wings
– Orange-Cardamom Wings
– Traditional Buffalo Wings with Celery and Ranch
– Unnecessarily Spicy, Yet Extremely Tasty Scotch Bonnet Pepper-Curry Wings
– Buffalo Brussels Sprouts (plant-based)
Peanut Butter and Garlic Wings
Orange Cardamom Wings and Unnecessarily Spicy Wings
Buffalo Brussel Sprouts and Pickle Milkshake
The Noodle Exchange (Opening August 15)
– Thai Shrimp with Rice Noodles, Shiitake Mushrooms, and Basil in Coconut-Curry Broth
-Tostada de Carnitas
-Taco de Costilla
China- No Gluten Free Options Available
– DOLE Whip®: Watermelon, Pineapple, or Swirl- Modified
– Spicy Githeri with White Beans, Pigeon Peas, Curried BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Long Grain & Wild Rice, and Kachumbari Slaw (plant-based)
– Kenyan Coffee Barbecued Beef with Sweet Potato-Corn Mealie Pap and Kachumbari Slaw
-Modified- Dark Chocolate Fondue with Berries, and Meringues
– Charcuterie in a Cup with a selection of imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses, Olives, and an Herbed Serrano Vinaigrette
– Paella with Saffron Rice, Chorizo, and Shrimp
– Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar, and Smoked Paprika
Flavors of America
– Chilaquiles: Corn Tortilla Chips tossed in Salsa Verde with Ranchero Chicken, Queso Fresco, Cilantro-Lime Crema, and a Soft-poached Egg
– Griddled Cheese with Pistachios and Honey
-Fire Taiko Roll
– Grilled Kebabs with Carrot-Chickpea Salad and Garlic Aïoli:
– Chermoula Chicken
– Moroccan-spiced Lamb
– Feijoada: Black Beans with Pork Belly, Brazil Nut Pesto, and BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Long Grain White Rice
– Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread
-Creme Brûlée Vanilla a la Confiture de Fraise
– Modified- Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard
– Canadian Filet Mignon* served with Mushrooms, Boursin® Black Truffle & Sea Salt Mashed Potatoes, and a Boursin® Black Truffle & Sea Salt Whipped Butter
– Sweet-and-Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pepper, Onion, Snap Peas, and Sweet Chili Sauce
– Roasted Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies*
– Traditional Poutine French Fries with Beef Gravy, Cheese Curds, and Crumbled Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs
– Braised Beef Poutine: French Fries with Braised Beef, Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce, Cheese Curds, Crumbled Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs, and Gherkin Relish